Sunday, August 9, 2009

Justin Feagin, drug dealer

A new article from the Detroit Free Press outlines why Justin Feagin was booted from the Michigan football team recently. Not only was Feagin a troubled kid in high school, but he apparently continued to make shady dealings during his freshman year of college.

I commend Rodriguez for booting Feagin from the team, although any coach would probably do the same. But I remain skeptical of Rodriguez's desire for a clean program. I was not a fan of his program when he was at West Virginia, and I can't say that I'm happy with the current direction of Michigan's program. I think the Wolverines will do well on the field during Rodriguez's tenure, but I don't want Ann Arbor to be the Coral Gables of the North.

I'm willing to give Rodriguez a bit of a reprieve for Feagin. Rodriguez needed a mobile quarterback and only had one and a half months to find one. His choices were seemingly limited to Feagin and a kid named B.J. Daniels, who also has troubling circumstances. Without much time to find his ideal quarterback, perhaps Rodriguez and his coaches didn't do a thorough background check on Feagin. Still, anything that happens within this program deserves to be credited to or blamed on Rodriguez. This is no longer "Lloyd Carr's leftovers." This is Rodriguez's team. Hopefully, he won't make that mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment