Sunday, June 6, 2021

2021 Season Countdown: #97 Max Wittwer

 

Max Wittwer (image via MGoBlue)

Name: Max Wittwer
Height:
6'2"
Weight:
205 lbs.
High school:
Utica (MI) Eisenhower
Position:
Quarterback
Class:
Redshirt junior
Jersey number:
#18
Last year:
I ranked Wittwer #102 and said he would be a backup quarterback (LINK). He did not play.
TTB Rating:
N/A

Wittwer enters his fourth season as a walk-on quarterback at Michigan, and he has yet to see time on the field. Despite the revolving door during a shortened season in 2020, he was not in the conversation to play and found himself behind the likes of Dan Villari and fellow walk-on Ren Hefley. I think Wittwer could have been a starter at a lower level - and had an offer from Air Force coming out of high school - but it's a major uphill battle for playing time at Michigan.

Prediction: Backup quarterback

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this Thunder. Did you do this last year? It is nice to learn about kids that will never play but are pursuing a dream.

    I do wish Max well, but as a Utica Chieftain I never want an Ike kid to do too well, Go Chiefs!!

    Klctlc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the countdown last year. I expanded it a little this year to include more walk-ons, but guys like Wittwer were on it. Off the top of my head, I think I did about the top 110 last year.

      Delete
  2. What's the jump from 105 to 97? Did we lose some guys?

    -LANK

    ReplyDelete