Monday, June 6, 2022

Site News: TTB is joining Rivals!

 

(image via Solid Digital)

Good morning, and happy Monday!

This is a special post, and the title above says a lot. I was recently approached by The Maize and Blue Review editor Josh Henschke to join the Rivals gang, and after a little consideration, I decided to accept. I have occasionally deliberated attempting to join up with one of the recruiting sites, but I was just never sure it fit what I have to offer.

One hang-up I had was that I did not want to give up Touch the Banner, something that I take pride in for having built up over more than a decade. Luckily, Josh said I would not have to give up the site. Therefore, you will see me still posting here at www.touch-the-banner.com and www.touchthebanner.blogspot.com while working part-time for Rivals. Josh and I think that will be mutually beneficial, as perhaps some traffic here will filter over to Rivals, and some Rivals traffic may filter over here to TTB.

Is it a win-win? I hope so!

As for what to expect from a content perspective, I plan to continue the 2022 Season Countdown and maintain team-oriented posts here. Josh wants me to focus mostly on recruiting content for TMBR. Of course, team and recruiting news often are inextricably linked, so there will be some crossover on both sites.

You can follow me on Twitter @TouchtheBanner, where I will be sharing content from both sites moving forward. And of course you can always find me in the comments, as I appreciate the back-and-forth with readers.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I can continue to bring you worthwhile content, regardless of the site on which you encounter my work! Go Blue!

15 comments:

  1. good stuff dude. sounds like a nice opportunity to branch out a little while still maintaining the core features youve built here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I hope I can keep both things going, branch out a little bit, and still give readers an opportunity to get the same/similar info. Josh said that SOME of the articles at M&BR will still be free so you guys can still read them if you don't have a subscription to Rivals.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on both. I am glad you have your independence. Really appreciate your perspective. Hope this works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Your passion for Michigan football is clear and I'm sure you'll do well. I might even have to get a rivals subscription at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! I mentioned this somewhere else, but some content is still going to be free. But of course if you want to purchase a subscription, I'm sure Rivals wouldn't mind.

      Delete
  4. I hope this turns in to some money for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will be a part-time writer for M&BR, which is all I would want. I have no desire to go full-time into journalism. But I will be getting paid for it, which is nice.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! Your recruiting content is some of the best on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard work will get you noticed, and hard work will pay off. Congrats sir!

    ReplyDelete