Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dann O'Neill, ex-Wolverine (update)

According to the Kalamazoo Gazette, former Michigan tackle Dann O'Neill will be playing for the Western Michigan Broncos. He has an older brother there who plays tight end. I would assume that O'Neill is their most highly regarded recruit in the short history of regarding recruits, but I don't care enough about WMU to research the topic.

Also, this makes Anonymous in the comments section either a liar or a jokester or just plain gullible.

Of players who were on Michigan's roster last season, there's a long list of departures:

S Artis Chambers to Ball State
WR Toney Clemons to Colorado
WR Zion Babb to ??????
RB Avery Horn to ??????
LB Marcus Witherspoon to Rutgers
LB Taylor Hill to Youngstown State
OG Kurt Wermers to ??????
OT Dann O'Neill to Western Michigan
QB Steven Threet to Arizona State

I'm sure much of the attrition has been due to the new regime. But no matter how you slice it, you can't lose nine players early and field a team with any sort of depth. (I'm not counting Andre Criswell and Carson Butler, since they played for four years.)

2 comments:

  1. If I counted correctly, WMU has had 8 Rivals 3-stars and 1 Rivals 4-star since 2002. Their 4-star was Doug Wiggins in 2008, who was given a 6.0, the same score as O'Neill, also in the 2008 class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about Wiggins. I wanted him to come to Michigan before he committed to Miami. Then I think he had some issues and ended up at CMU instead. Thanks for looking it up.

    ReplyDelete