Saturday, August 21, 2010

Poll: Who should move to cornerback?


For the past several days, there has been a poll running on the sidebar regarding any potential position changes. Rich Rodriguez was asked by the media whether any offensive players would be moved to defense to play cornerback, and he said no. So far the only player who has changed responsibilities is Teric Jones, who played corner last season but was playing Bandit in the spring.

I'm curious to know who people had in mind when they voted for the "Other" category. Feel free to comment if you were one of those people and voice your opinion.

In the immediate future, I guess Michigan fans shouldn't expect any further position changes. But another injury or departure could force a switch.

8 comments:

  1. Forget about Dileo and Vinopal... crack is whack, and white don't cover black! Seriously, I would consider any slots not in the top 3-4 who have at least some HS experience on defense. No way can Mike Williams play in space like a corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about seeing if Baquer Sayed can play corner? Would be a nice bonus if he could?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous 10:29 a.m.

    Sayed is a slow-ish WR and a few people have suggested (although I don't think it will happen) that he should bulk up to play tight end. I think the chances that he plays cornerback at any point are roughly 0%.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thunder, anyone you endorse for a position switch to CB?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lankownia

    I don't think a posiition switch is necessary at this point. However, if any further injuries occur, I'd advocate for DJ Williamson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My other vote was for Denard Robinson, but I now retract that vote. I was in crazy-panic mode and wasn't thinking clearly.

    My reasoning then was to move Robinson to CB and have Tate or Devin play quarterback. I figured this would be utilizing our talent most effectively because Devin is the future and Denard is an athlete and the CB position has the least depth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A comment was removed due to its vulgar and abusive nature.

    ReplyDelete