Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chris Barnett Plans to Continue with Football


As reported earlier today, freshman TE Chris Barnett is no longer with the University of Michigan football program. Per our conversation this afternoon, Barnett is back with his family in Texas and intends to enroll at another school after he reviews all of his options. "Everything is moving so fast," he said. "[I'll be looking] at whatever's out there." Barnett stated he will address his reasons for leaving the program after "declaring a new school." A time frame for that decision has understandably not yet been established.

Chris always presented as a respectful, humble young man during our conversations, often addressing me as "Sir" and describing himself as a "family man." I'm sure I speak for the Michigan community when I say that we wish him only the best going forward. To learn more about Barnett as both a player and a person, check out an interview with him from earlier this summer.

2 comments:

  1. I heard some rumors about the staff not being happy with him showing up at 280 lbs. I don't understand why they would have a problem if they knew he had surgery and he probably was not expecting to play much as a true freshman. With the need at TE, why not RS him and wait till next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy or not, I'm assuming the staff gave him that option. It just doesn't sound like Barnett feels that Michigan is the right place for him at this point in time.

    ReplyDelete