Monday, May 30, 2011

Programming note: Memorial Day

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C.

It's a little bit late here on Monday night, but first I want to extend a warm thanks to all those who have served the United States Armed Forces throughout the history of our country.  As the son of a veteran, I grew up aware of those who contributed to our freedom and lost their lives for our country's cause.  However, I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to put my life on the line day after day.  Thanks to you and your families.

In honor of those who have put themselves in danger, I will be donating 50% of this week's ad revenue to the Fisher House Foundation.  The program provides housing and support for the families of sick or injured veterans.

I will also be making a blood donation to the Red Cross later this week.  I encourage you to donate blood sometime if you are able.  The needle doesn't hurt much, it takes about 30 minutes from check-in to completion, and they give you cookies afterward.  Plus you can help save up to three lives with every pint of blood you donate.

Lastly (and unrelated to any of the above), I would like to convey some information regarding upcoming programming for the site.  With all the news about Ohio State, I've had a couple people comment or e-mail asking for my thoughts on the topic.  I generally try to limit my coverage to Michigan and its recruiting.  After all, I'm only one guy, a guy with a full-time job, a regular workout regimen, coaching commitments, and other interests and hobbies outside of Michigan football.  Therefore, I don't really consider my site to be a "news outlet" in any way, shape, or form.  I'm more of an analysis/editorial type of guy.  So while I appreciate the fact that some people respect my opinion enough to inquire - and by no means am I discouraging it - I just don't want people to be disappointed if I'm a little slow to report or weigh in on events around college football.  I do intend to have a piece up about Ohio State soon, but it won't be immediate.

Recruiting ratings and the 2011 Season Countdown will be commencing later this week, so there's a lot on tap.  It should be fun for me, and hopefully you enjoy it, too.  Maybe you can read the posts on your smart phone with one hand while your other arm is busy pumping out blood at the Red Cross.

Go (Red, White, and) Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment