Saturday, May 15, 2021

2021 Season Countdown: #118 Jake Thaw

 

Jake Thaw (image via Twitter)

Name: Jake Thaw
Height:
6'0"
Weight:
185 lbs.
High school:
Westport (CT) Staples
Position:
Wide receiver
Class:
Redshirt freshman
Jersey number:
#26
Last year:
I did not rank Thaw. He redshirted.
TTB Rating:
N/A

Michigan fans know that only elite players come from the state of Connecticut, and Jake Thaw is no exception. I avoided profiling him last year to help him fly under the radar, but the cat is out of the bag now that he's been on the roster for a year. Jake Thaw might not be a household name today, but what Kwity Paye is to Rhode Island, Jake Thaw - a.k.a. the Winter Soldier - will be to Connecticut.

Will he play on special teams? Maybe.

Will he play at wide receiver? Possibly.

Will he be a first round draft pick in 2024? You never know.

7 comments:

  1. On the strength of one catch, I'd rather have him fielding punts than DPJ, who made me very nervous.

    Reminds me of the kid that won the state championship with Lowell, then played DB at Grand Valley for Brian Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? He's already better than Donovan Peoples-Jones!

      Delete
  2. Who is this guy?

    There's another player from out East who is under the radar. But what a beast! Hes my favorite player on the team. As much as I like Cade McNamara I like this guy more. I'll leave his name unmentioned to help keep him under the radar. But you may have already talked about him, and I overlooked the post. It looks to me like he has more passion than Chase Winovich and Adain Hutchison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter soldier! He's coming.

    -LANK

    ReplyDelete