Sunday, May 9, 2021

2021 Season Countdown: #121 Noah Stewart

 

Noah Stewart (#71, image via MLive)

Name: Noah Stewart
Height:
6'7"
Weight:
255 lbs.
High school:
Muskegon (MI) Northern Muskegon
Position:
Offensive tackle
Class:
Redshirt freshman
Jersey number:
#61
Last year:
I did not rank Stewart. He redshirted.
TTB Rating:
N/A

I did not rank Stewart in 2020. The season countdown wasn't as expansive, and as a freshman preferred walk-on lineman, I didn't deem him capable of stepping on the field. And that was accurate. Stewart didn't have a chance as a 6'7", 245 lb. offensive tackle.

This year Stewart is a whopping 255 lbs. If I were Michigan, I might look at giving him a tight end number and playing him as a blocking tight end. Last year Michigan toyed with walk-on Carter Selzer and converted lineman Joel Honigford at tight end, and Stewart probably fits that role as a blocker better than Selzer. I don't necessarily expect Stewart to play this year, but he has a lot of upside for a walk-on lineman.

Prediction: Backup offensive lineman

No comments:

Post a Comment