Sunday, February 27, 2022

2022 Spring Roster Notes

 

Will Johnson (image via Twitter)

Even though jersey numbers don't matter much - there is plenty of time for them to change - it's always interesting to see what jerseys the freshmen wear. Here's a rundown of the newcomers:

  • #0: WR Darrius Clemons
  • #2: CB Will Johnson (I saw a rumor that he switched to #4, but #2 is on the roster)
  • #3: S Keon Sabb
  • #4: WR Amorion Walker
  • #8: DE Derrick Moore
  • #10: QB Alex Orji
  • #12: S Kody Jones
  • #13: WR Tyler Morris
  • #16: QB Jayden Denegal
  • #24: CB Myles Pollard
  • #55: DT Mason Graham
  • #55: C Olu Oluwatimi
  • #60: OL Connor Jones

On another note, Eamonn Dennis has officially switched from cornerback to wide receiver on the roster. Meanwhile, Mike Sainristil is still listed at wide receiver even though he's getting practice reps at nickel corner.

6 comments:

  1. I'm just hoping for a larger percentage of the offense be passing. I think Cade McNamara is ready for that. And the other guy too. And CJ Carr will likely be here in 2 years. He looks like a good pocket passer. I love Michigan's run. But some is good for passing, but more is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's being said Sabb is the next Jabril Peppers? It don't know if he's that fleet of foot to be that. He seems to be a fast LB. But I don't know about being a safety.
    I like it that Junior Colson is being given a Devin Bush type role, like a chief.
    There's an experienced LB from West Virginia in the portal, a grad transfer,
    Josh Chandler-Semedo. But some WV fans are saying he's a head case. I guess he knows someone at Miami, and might go there. I wouldn't if I were him. Cristobal wasn't do that great of a job at Oregon. I don't believe the hype at Miami.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three Division titles and two conference championships. I like Cristobal

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I like Cristobal too.

      And while I get going home and all.

      But leaving Oregon with its, for all practical purposes, unlimited resources via Nike, especially in this time of NIL, for Miami is as far as I'm concerned an unbelievably bonehead move.

      Delete
    3. Sabb is no Jabrill Peppers (when it comes to overall positional flexibility), but I do think Sabb can be that hybrid S/LB that Peppers was as a Viper under Don Brown.

      Delete
    4. He could be a safety. But I think the very physical way he plays, he will be moved more and more to LB.

      Delete