Saturday, July 16, 2022

2022 Season Countdown: #63 Mason Graham

 

Mason Graham

Name: Mason Graham
Height:
6'3"
Weight:
292 lbs.
High school:
Anaheim (CA) Servite
Position:
Defensive tackle
Class:
Freshman
Jersey number:
#55
Last year:
Graham was a senior in high school (LINK). He made 60 tackles, 22 tackles for loss, and 14 sacks.
TTB Rating:
84

Graham made perhaps the biggest leap (for me) from his junior year to his senior year. Watching his junior film, I thought he was a slightly undersized, try-hard player who was a decent prospect. He was committed to Boise State at one point, and I thought that was appropriate. But the more I watched him as a senior, I thought he made great strides with his technique. And his high effort continued to be there, despite putting on some weight and starting both ways.

I'm leery of placing him too high in the countdown based on the spring, but I think it's clear that he's ready to play. He got a good number of reps in the spring game and didn't look out of place. Here at #63 is a good place for a rotational player, but he has older, more experienced guys in front of him, such as Mazi Smith, Cam Goode, and Kris Jenkins, Jr. I think 2022 will be a developmental year for him, and by his sophomore season, he could be a starter if Smith and Goode move on.

Prediction: Backup defensive tackle

2 comments:

  1. Exciting future, but I think they'll look to limit to 5 games to keep a red shirt on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His play makes it look like he is tailor made for football. He is probably going to get more snaps than most think he will. I like him A LOT!!!

    ReplyDelete