Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clinic time!

I hate this guy.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I'm going to be attending the Nike Coach of the Year clinic in Pennsylvania from Thursday through Saturday.  There are various high school, college, and professional coaches speaking at the clinic, including Iowa's Kirk Ferentz, Purdue's Danny Hope, Georgia Tech's Paul Johnson, and Syracuse's Doug Marrone.

I'm not sure if any readers are planning to go, but feel free to drop me an e-mail if you are.

I plan to have some write-ups about the clinic, but in the meantime, posting might be light.

P.S. I asked the head coach of our program, "If I don't wear our team gear, can I heckle Danny Hope while we're there?"  He said he didn't care.  Yes!

6 comments:

  1. Throw popcorn at the mustache.

    Have you heard anything about the upcoming "story" about a football team that's going to be dragged through the mud by a local newspaper about various illegal activity? I read somewhere on Mgoblog about it and I was wondering what your take on it was. Is it Free Press 2.0, ideal speculation or do you think that there's enough smoke to start looking for fire? Supposedly it's suppose to be a team nobody would expect so everyone seems to think it'll be ND or Penn St. I don't know if any of this is true or not and just wanted your take. Also, I'm putting down $5 that it'd be Oregon because there is no way their relationship with Nike is always on the up and up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give em (well, him) hell.
    -Lank

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ KB 12:20 p.m.

    I have heard about the story in multiple places. The first I heard about it was on a message board, but I also heard it from a fellow coach who's not a Michigan fan (and, as far as I know, doesn't spend much time perusing the internet).

    I have heard about one school in particular, but most of it seems like speculation. I have a hard time believing that the "source" is correct because the pieces just don't seem to fit, so I'm not expecting this source to be correct. I probably know nothing more than you.

    However, IF what I heard is true, it's much more incriminating than what the Free Press did. It's more like what happened to SMU or the Fab Five. We're talking about money and benefits, not practice time and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the write up. Especially any reports of you heckling Danny Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have the balls to heckle Danny Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @anon 8:47

    This is an interesting comment coming from an anonymous internet user.

    ReplyDelete