I apologize, but it's been a crazy week and I haven't had a ton of time to put together a preview. Here's a drive-by. Hopefully things will have settled down by next Friday to get a good preview of Iowa.
Rush Offense vs. Northwestern Rush Defense
Michigan: #97 at 135.33 yards/game
Michigan: #111 at 3.25 yards/carry
Northwestern: #70 at 168.56 yards allowed/game
Northwestern: #60 at 4.11 yards allowed/carry
Pass Offense vs. Northwestern Pass Defense
Michigan: #30 passer rating at 148.62
Michigan: #95 at 12 interceptions thrown
Michigan: #108 with 26 sacks allowed
Northwestern: #33 passer rating defense at 118.83
Northwestern: #1 with 18 interceptions
Northwestern: #56 with 19 sacks
Rush Defense vs. Northwestern Rush Offense
Michigan: #13 at 107.67 yards allowed/game
Michigan: #12 at 3.20 yards allowed/carry
Northwestern: #47 at 188.89 yards/game
Northwestern: #62 at 4.46 yards/carry
Pass Defense vs. Northwestern Pass Offense
Michigan: #31 passer rating defense at 118.15
Michigan: #23 with 12 interceptions
Michigan: #61 with 18 sacks
Northwestern: #63 with 131.29 passer rating
Northwestern: #64 with 9 interceptions thrown
Northwestern: #120 with 32 sacks allowed
- Players who held scholarship offers from Michigan include DT Greg Kuhar, DE Ifeadi Odenigbo, OT Eric Olson, WR Kyle Prater.
- Defensive coordinator Mike Hankwitz played SE, TE, and LB at Michigan from 1966-1969. He had 14 receptions for 171 yards and 1 touchdown on offense, returned 2 kickoffs for 19 yards, and made 4 tackles in his career. He was also a graduate assistant under Bo Schembechler from 1970-1972.
- Offensive graduate assistant Scott Hamel was a walk-on running back at Michigan from 2004-2005.
- Freshman RB Godwin Igwebuike was Michigan freshman TE Jake Butt's high school teammate last year.
- Sophomore WR Cameron Dickerson's brother is Garrett Dickerson, a 2014 TE/DE target from New Jersey
- Michigan comes out with guns blazing on offense, allowing Devin Funchess and Jeremy Gallon each to go over 100 yards receiving.
- Devin Gardner throws 2 interceptions.
- Michigan actually looks ready to defend a dual-threat quarterback for once.
- Cameron Gordon scores a touchdown on a fumble recovery.
- Michigan 28, Northwestern 24
Last Time They Played . . .
- Michigan won in overtime by a score of 38-31
- Devin Gardner threw for 286 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 pick.
- Roy Roundtree caught a bomb to put Michigan in scoring position.
- Kenny Demens made the game-sealing tackle in overtime.