Sunday, October 24, 2010

2011 Offer Board Update

JUCO safety prospect Byron Moore

The 2011 Offer Board has been updated:

Quinta Funderburk (WR) committed to Arkansas.

Added Byron Moore (FS).

Ray Ball (OT) committed to Wisconsin.

Demetrius Hart (SB) committed to Michigan.

Added Antonio Kinard (ILB) who will apparently enroll in January. Kinard was also part of the 2010 class.

Jonathan Aiken (SS) committed to Rutgers.

Paul Gaughan (OT) committed to Boston College.

Added Armonze Daniel (LB).

DaVaris Daniels (WR) committed to Notre Dame.

Added Quinta Funderburk (WR).

Brett Hundley (QB) committed to UCLA.

4 comments:

  1. How many years of eligibility would Byron Moore have remaining?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous 8:48 p.m.

    IIRC, he took a redshirt in 2009 to transfer, and he's currently a redshirt freshman for Harbor City College. So Moore should have 3 years of eligiblity remaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Moore was in coverage from a CB look, he looked pretty damn good. Stayed on his guys hip, seemed to have a nose for the ball in the air. However, and maybe it's just me, at safety his angles and tackling weren't the best (though I guess he did get his guy on the ground) and he didn't look particularly instinctive against the run or the pass really. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts Magnus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous 9:08 a.m.

    I agree that Moore looks pretty good at the cornerback position, but I also think he lacks the speed to play CB in the Big Ten. I also noticed the same things you did about angles and tackling.

    However, he is a hard hitter and I think some of his poor qualities at FS can be coached up. You can't really teach him to be faster, but he can learn to diagnose plays and take better angles. His highlights don't make me jump out of my seat, but I wouldn't mind getting him to put on a Wolverines helmet (however unlikely that is).

    ReplyDelete