Honorable mention: A strong case could be made for Charles Woodson, who recorded 1.5 sacks, a handful of tackles and a forced fumble in a 30-22 loss to the 49ers Sunday. But I'm going with Mike Martin for earning playing time in the first week of his rookie season and getting his first three career tackles. The Titans got shellacked, 31-13, by Tom Brady and the Patriots.
- Junior Hemmingway bought a Ferrari Spider for his girlfriend and was then cut by the Kansas City Chiefs. Then the Chiefs signed him again. Then they cut him again. [EDIT: Junior tweeted out, "I just bought a Ferrari Spider for my girl. I told her to drive it like it got eight legs!" But I guess those are lyrics from a Lil Wayne song. Thanks to the commenter for the heads up. I do not listen to Lil Wayne.]
- Adrian Arrington was released by the New Orleans Saints [Update: Arrington re-signs with the Saints and is placed on the Injured Reserve].
- Tim Jamison signed a two year contract extention with the Houston Texans.
- Ryan Van Bergen did not make the Carolina Panthers final roster cut.
- David Molk is listed as the second string center on the San Diego Chargers depth chart.
- Stephen Schilling is no longer with the Chargers and now a free agent.