Monday, January 9, 2012

BCS National Championship Game: Alabama vs. LSU




This seems like a toss-up of a game between the Alabama Crimson Tide (11-1) and the LSU Tigers (13-0).  I've gone back and forth on this topic for the last several weeks.  Both teams have dominating defenses, run-oriented offenses, and proven coaches.

I'm not sure if the math backs me up or not, but it sure seems that when a team gets a rematch later in the season, the loser of the first game wins the rematch more often than not.  That's one reason why I think Alabama will win tonight's game.  I also think Alabama has a better running game and I don't trust the quarterback combo of Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee.

I'm no expert on either team and have only watched these teams as much as the average Big Ten or Pac-12, but I'll say Alabama wins it by a score of 17-14.

Players to watch for Michigan recruitniks:

  • Alabama: LB Trey DePriest, S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, CB John Fulton, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, WR Marquis Maze (former Michigan commit), CB Dee Milliner, 
  • LSU: OT Chris Davenport, OT Chris Faulk, LB Karnell Hatcher, S Craig Loston, DE Barkevious Mingo, DE Sam Montgomery, LB Luke Muncie, WR Russell Shepard, RB Spencer Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment