|Cornerback Devin Butler visited Michigan this past weekend|
Owensboro (KY) Apollo offensive tackle Hunter Bivin committed to Notre Dame over the weekend. The 6'7", 288 lb. lineman forged a friendship with Michigan's incoming safety Jeremy Clark, who played high school football nearby in Kentucky. But with a full offensive line class, Michigan was no longer an option for Bivin.
Philadelphia (PA) William Penn Charter offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey committed to Notre Dame over the weekend. The 6'9", 280-pounder also held offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Penn State, Pitt, and Wisconsin, among others. Much like Bivin, Michigan has no more room for offensive linemen at this point.
New Lenox (IL) Lincoln-Way West offensive tackle Colin McGovern committed to Notre Dame over the weekend, too. It's the chic thing to do. McGovern also had offers from Alabama, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and several others. See Bivin and McGlinchey above.
I was out of town this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to put together a list of weekend visitors on Friday. However, there were a handful of kids in town:
- Washington (DC) Gonzaga cornerback Devin Butler
- Pickerington (OH) North tight end Jake Butt (already committed)
- Detroit (MI) Cass Tech quarterback Jayru Campbell (2015)
- Columbus (OH) Marion Franklin wide receiver Jaron Dukes (already committed)
- Detroit (MI) Cass Tech defensive back Johnny Miggins (2014)
- Detroit (MI) Cass Tech wide receiver Damon Webb (2014)
Butler is the most significant of those recruits, since he's a 6'1", 185 lb. cornerback and Michigan needs a player like him in this class. The coaching staff struck out on some big corners in the 2012 class and are pursuing guys who are 6'0" or taller to pair with 2013 commit Jourdan Lewis.