Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rivals Position Rankings Released for 2013

Shane Morris (left) is Michigan's highest ranked recruit, and Dyomonte Thomas is the
country's eighth best safety
Here's a look at where each of Michigan's recruits ranks on Rivals for 2013, by position (highest ranked Michigan offeree in parentheses):

Kyle Bosch: #9 OT (Laremy Tunsil #1)
Jake Butt: #4 TE (Adam Breneman #1)
Taco Charlton: #16 SDE (Joey Bosa #2)
Gareon Conley: Unranked ATH (Shallman #10)
David Dawson: #23 OT (#1 Tunsil)
Jaron Dukes: #43 WR (Marquez North #3)
Chris Fox: #4 OT (Tunsil #1)
Khalid Hill: Unranked TE (Breneman #1)
Patrick Kugler: #7 OT (Tunsil #1)
Jourdan Lewis: #12 CB (Kendall Fuller #1)
Mike McCray: #8 OLB (E.J. Levenberry #3)
Shane Morris: #2 PQB (Morris)
Wyatt Shallman: #10 ATH (Shallman)
DeVeon Smith: #32 RB (Ty Isaac #2)
Dymonte Thomas: #8 S (Su'a Cravens #1)
Logan Tuley-Tillman: #13 OT (Tunsil #1)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Magnus,

    I enjoy your stuff a lot. I have a recommendation, though: what do you think about adding a few editorial comments to posts like this? You repost annotated info like this a lot from the recruiting sites (which is helpful), but most of us who read your site are probably obsessive enough to track this down from the original source. I'd really like to hear what you think about rankings such as these. I understand that's more work, but just a couple of sentences even would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Magnum PI.

      On the one hand, I appreciate knowing that you're looking for editorial comments. That's good to know because sometimes I think people just want the info and are sometimes too lazy to look it up themselves.

      On the other hand, I am only one guy with a full-time job and a part-time job and a mildly successful blog. As much as I would like to editorialize on everything, sometimes it's just not feasible due to a time crunch. Andrew has helped out considerably with putting up different kinds of posts, but there's only so much time in the day for me to not only compile information but also to write up an opinion on it. And as the site has grown, I find myself spending more and more time responding to comments, e-mails, etc.

      Thanks for the comment and suggestion, and I'll certainly consider adding a little more opinion to posts like this whenever possible.

      Delete
    2. That sounds reasonable. For what it is worth, I agree with Magnum PI that it's nice to read even a sentence or two of analysis when you have time to write it. Also, I think MGOBLOG that had some rankings that combined Rivals, 247sports, and Scout that were pretty interesting. Might be worth a look.

      Delete
  2. I just want to remark on one thing. I used to understand football well, a few decades ago. Game's much more complicated; I no longer understand the game well. Thus, I for one would enjoy some editorial (i.e., opinion) remarks. Judiciously, of course. Don't go all talk radio. But getting an occasional opinion from someone more knowledgeable than your average fan wouldn't harm anything.

    ReplyDelete